No matter the weather, we’re friends forever… that saying has really spoken to me over the last few months. Sending cards to friends has been a great way to keep in touch and let them know that they are still very much in my thoughts.
Episode 13 of “Why Did I Buy This?” featured Shimmer Paint and this technique really worked well with the Under my Umbrella set!
I recently learned a technique that my friend Lisa Althouse calls “Water-colour Smash.” I decided to incorporate my shimmer paint into this technique to elevate it even further.
Here’s how to accomplish this technique:
- Choose the size clear block that you want to see the colour transfer onto your paper
- Choose 2-3 Stampin’ Write Markers and colour over top of the clear block. I used Pretty Peacock, Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple green.
- Use a stylus to put small drops of Frost White Shimmer Paint onto the block.
- Spritz with alcohol until wet.
- Flip the block onto Shimmery White cardstock until the colour has transferred. Allow to dry.
Here is the effect of on the finished project.
I love the watery look and can’t wait to try the Whale of a Time Suite with this technique!
Enjoy testing out this technique!
Place a $60 CDN order with host code EG26E4HV (before shipping & tax) before June 21, 2020 and receive the Bits & Pieces class, exploring paper piecing techniques, for free. This class includes pre-cut supplies, instructional videos and of course, my undying gratitude. Please note the Share Sunshine PDF does not apply to this offer.
Click on the links below to be transferred to my online store to shop for these, or other Stampin’ Up! products.