Although Wood Cut Embellishments are quite trendy, I was having a hard time using them. It just seemed that they were “unfinished” and not coordinating well with my project. What I really wanted was coloured wood embellishments… and that’s when it hit me! I could colour them myself!
Watch this video to learn 2 different ways to colour wood cuts!
Here’s the finished look when the colouring is complete:
The flower wood cut embellishment comes from Stampin’ Up!’s Hello Lovely Project Life accessory kit. These accessory kits are a huge value! Check out what comes in this one kit for $24 CDN:
The pack includes:
* Exclusive set of 12 photopolymer stamps
* 4 die-cut specialty cards, 3″ x 4″ (7.6 x 10.2 cm)
* 2 acetate specialty cards, 4″ x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm)
* 11 double-sided specialty cards, 2″ x 2″ (5.1 x 5.1 cm)
* 6 single-sided die-cut specialty cards, 2″ x 2″ (5.1 x 5.1 cm)
* 2 alphabet sticker sheets
* 1 element sticker sheet
* 1 acetate sticker sheet
* 12 wood shapes
* 12 enamel stickers
* 150 sequins
* 1 roll washi tape, 5 yards (4.6 m)
Although the intention is to accessorize Project Life albums, I find myself using the accessories and cards to design cards as well! It’s a great way to get a little bit of everything!
Canadians can purchase these, and other Stampin’ Up! products on my online store by clicking on the links below each product.
During Jan. 4-Mar. 31, 2017, all $60 orders receive a free Sale-a-bration reward! Remember, you can participate in my online club by entering the March 2017 host code: FQM2QTPY
- See Sale-a-bration rewards here
- See Second Release Sale-a-bration rewards here
- See Third Release Sale-a-bration rewards here
Please note that Sale-a-bration items are while supplies last. The card tin, glimmer paper and embossing folders are now sold out.
Want to make this card? Here’s what I used:
Do you have wood cuts collection dust? Brush them off and colour them! You’ll love what they add to your projects!