One of the Sale-a-bration sets that has been very popular is the Tasty Trucks set.
The line art is seriously cute and I love all of the little treats that come with it: pancakes, cupcakes, ice cream and hot dogs.
I’ve seen a lot of samples where the truck is the main focus of the card, but I love the font and the little treats and wanted to see what I could do if I left the truck off. I decided to come up with two different ways to use the Tasty Trucks stamp set without the truck. Both cards use the same colour combo:
Here’s the first card I put together. I CASED a design template from a Christmas card that Stampin’ Up! showcased in a Stampin’ Success Magazine last fall to create this:
I was looking for a thinlit that could frame the greeting well, and was thrilled to discover that there was one in the Build It Framelits Dies that worked. Not only is it the perfect size, but it leaves a really fun double border around the outside. Here’s a closer look:
The template for the second card was inspired by my friend, Kim Williams. It’s a fancy fold card called a “Peek a boo, gate fold.”
Isn’t it cute?!
I made mine with a belly band so it could hold the folds in until the belly band is slid off.
Here are the cutting and scoring dimensions to re-create this card:
- The Flirty Flamingo cardstock base is cut to: 7 3/4″ x 5 1/2″
- The Whisper White cardstock which is the inside layer is cut to: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- There are 2 strips of whisper white to layer on the folds cut to: 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″
- There are 2 pieces of the Envelope Paper cut to: 1 1/4″ x 5″
- The Peek-a-boo Peach belly band is cut to: 2″x 8.5″
- To make the card you will need to score the long edge of the Flirty Flamingo at 1 3/4″ and 6″
- When you fold it, it creates gap in the middle of the card, hence the “peek a boo” name
- Wrap the peek-a-boo peach belly band around the card and secure the image using fast fuse or tear tape (see below in the product list)
Here are the products I used to make these cards. Canadians can purchase these, and other Stampin’ Up! products on my online store by clicking on the links below each products. During Jan. 4-Mar. 31, 2017, all $60 orders receive a free Sale-a-bration reward!
Have fun! Do you own the Tasty Trucks Sale-a-bration reward yet? What have you made with it?